The EXKA team
We’re proud to work with such an exceptional team. Each of us brings his or her own expertise to bear on the creation of outstanding products and services. We support each other, share our knowledge and celebrate our successes together. Working with a team like this motivates us to give our best every day.
Dr Maxime Paris
Chairman & CEO
Dr Maxime Paris is President and CEO of EXKA. He founded the company with the aim of creating a benchmark in cannabis innovation, genetics and extraction.
Maxime has a solid background in agricultural biotechnology and holds a PhD in plant molecular genetics from Murdoch University (Australia). His research has focused on the development and optimization of high-throughput methods for marker-assisted plant breeding.
He has financial market experience gained at CIBC World Markets as a healthcare sector analyst. Maxime also holds an MBA in International Business from HEC Montréal and a B.Sc. in Botanical Sciences at McGill University.
Vice-President and Chief Operating Officer
Sébastien Désormeau brought over 20 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry to the creation and development of EXKA.
Sébastien has extensive experience in human resources and sales management at Pfizer Canada. He also acquired solid expertise in commercial partnerships, project management and government relations at Boehringer Ingelheim.
With an M.Sc. in Human Resources Management from HEC Montréal and a B.A. in Psychology from McGill University, Montréal, Sébastien also plays a key role as Head of Human Resources.
Sébastien is responsible for protecting personal information at EXKA, ensuring that the company respects and complies with Bill 25 on the protection of personal information. To contact him, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vice-President Sales and Marketing
Dominic comes to EXKA with 17 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry with Boehringer Ingelheim Canada.
He has held a number of strategic sales and marketing positions (District Manager for the Primary Care and Specialty Teams, and Marketing Manager for the Cardiometabolic and Respiratory Brand Teams).
Dominic holds a B.A. from Barton College, North Carolina. He has just successfully completed his MBA at the Université du Québec en Outaouais. Dominic brings new energy and synergy to the EXKA team. Dominic can be contacted directly for all inquiries and ordering questions at +1 819 210 3317 or by e-mail: email@example.com.
Samuel Eichhorn Bilodeau
Quality Assurance Manager
- 4 years of laboratory management at McGill University’s Bioresource Engineering Laboratory
- Led R&D collaborations with Delshen and 48 North
- Plus de 3 ans d’expérience en gestion de la qualité chez Tricho-Med et EXKA
- B.Eng. in Bioresource Engineering – McGill University
- Master’s candidate in Bioresource Engineering – McGill University
Director of Finance
- Seasoned financial professional with over 5 years’ experience in corporate finance (associate director of accounting, financial analyst) with public and private companies (Station 22, Garda World, Diageo).
- Member CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant)
- Bachelor of Commerce Université de Sherbrooke
- Master of Accounting Université de Sherbrooke
Special scientific advisor
- Solid experience in plant science and breeding
- Ph.D. in Plant Breeding, University of Manitoba
- Master of Plant Breeding, University of Manitoba
- Bachelor of Science in Cultural Studies, University of Saskatchewan
- Jim was Vice President of Plant Performance at Canopy Growth.
- Chairman of the Vineland Research and Innovation Centre.